The Compassion Team has identified some mission priorities. These are opportunities to not only participate and engage in with action and education, but also financial donation as well. If you have any questions or comments regarding any of these projects, you can email pastor John firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $5000 to Hamilton House that serves homeless mothers and children. This donation will go towards matching funds up to $10 million dollars from a member at Congregation Emanu-El who has offered to match dollar for dollar for every donation received towards the Heading Home Campaign focused on finding permanent housing for at least 800 families with children in the San Francisco Unified School District.
- $5000 to Kate Taber, mission co-worker serving in Palestine.
- $2500 to San Francisco Safe House that serves women who are homeless and in prostitution escape life on the street.
- $$5000 to Sarah Henken, mission co-worker serving Latin and South America.
- $2500 Teddy Bear Lift project through Interfaith Welcome Bay Area Refugee Support
- $2500 towards matching funds with the Presbytery of San Francisco to assist resettlement of refugees.
- $15,000 to Harvest Food Pantry supply supplemental groceries to 200 clients each week as well as St. Anne’s Home. Volunteers come from not only St. John’s community, but 12 local schools as well. Most weeks, 400 lbs of potatoes, 300 lbs of onions, and 200 lbs of carrots are distributed.